Chipmunks- Help

Old 05-06-02, 04:26 PM
rlbrown66
Visiting Guest
Question Chipmunks- Help

Our yard seems to have an army of chipmunks. Last summer they ate all the strawberries off before they got big enough to pick, ate flower buds and baby vegetables as well as dug holes in a number of places. Is there any way to repel them or keep them from eating the garden to nothing? We live in an urban area.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-02, 12:14 PM
Senna
Visiting Guest
I am having the same problem with chipmonks. I want to keep them out of my garden but I do not want to kill them. Is there anything I can put around the garden to keep them and squirrels out??

Senna

Old 05-07-02, 08:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've heard of using rubber snakes placed in various areas to keep them away, but I don't know how well it works. It might scare the pants off ya if you forget where you put them. A low powered electric fence wire run around the border a few inches off the ground might do it too.

Old 05-13-02, 01:16 PM
My neighbor used a live trap and transported about 30 of the rascals over time to a more rural area. I am not sure how they fare when adapting to new suroundings but they were not in his garden anymore.

Old 05-13-02, 02:05 PM
otter_
Visiting Guest
I'll probably get banned from this forum...

for suggesting this, but here goes;

I have a neighbour who used large rat traps in his vegetable garden with much success. Mind you, he was stuck finishing the odd one off.

I don't in any way condone the above.