Rhododendron - P.J.M.

Old 05-13-02, 04:02 AM
cak
Visiting Guest
Rhododendron - P.J.M.

Yesterday I purchased and planted a P.J.M. rhododendron and am concerned about the orientation of my planting. I turned the plant sideways as its shape fit better into a pie-shaped spot in the garden this way. I am looking for a rhododendron website that has a forum as this is my second plant and it would be useful. Any info. appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-02, 06:07 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi CAK,

Here's a website with links to other related sites -

http://www.user.fast.net/~shenning/r...#anchor1077036

Gami

Old 05-14-02, 05:31 AM
cak
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the site Gami. I was actually at this site yesterday, its quite informative. I decided to move the P.J.M. to be a companion to another three year old rhododendron (roseum, also good to zone 4) that is doing fine (except for the squirrels eating my blooms!) in another pocket of the garden. It is now oriented properly as well and the entire bush is full of blooms ready to "pop". After re-reading the planting instructions though, I realize that I may be in for trouble as I included sulfur in my planting medium (a generous handful) along with compost, topsoil and peat moss. What was I thinking?! Now I don't know if I should dig the plant up and replace the soil or not. Ugh! I really must get rid of the notion that "more is better" when it comes to gardening. Ugh.