Decorative Concrete Steps

Old 06-11-02, 04:21 AM
jclick
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Decorative Concrete Steps

I'm gonna make some concrete steps for my garden and wanted to get some ideas on decorating them. I'm gonna use some of the reddi mix with some concrete tint to give them color. I am also gonna put my son's (9months old) hand and feet impressions in the concrete. Any other ideas that I could do? Anytips on custom molds or impressions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-02, 11:37 PM
Concrete stepping stones

I believe I answered this one on another forum! Have fun with your project.

Old 06-13-02, 04:17 AM
jclick,

Here's what I did on my concrete steps to the garden. After I leveled the concrete I sprinkled small decorative pea gravel over the top and tamped it in. Worked very well.
fred

Old 06-14-02, 08:01 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Jclick,

You could also paint them with concrete paint or Walmart and the craft stores carry a brand called Patio Paint. Good for anything outside and especially stepping stones. You could stencil or paint designs. Those flat glass pieces would also be nice, or any of their little toys can be squished down in.

I've never tried it, but I understand if you want to use concrete tints, it's better to buy white cement. It takes the color better and doesn't use as much tint. It's a bit more expensive than the grey cement mix.

Gami

Old 06-14-02, 06:53 PM
Trent Bridley
Visiting Guest
idea

HI,
try taking leaves, maple, elm, oak etc. and make these as impressions on the steps. Maybe use an old rolling pin to help make the impressions. The pea gravel is a good idea also, look around for some naturally colored, like tan or black, or the russty looking color. Costs a little more but it looks nice. Another stone is marble chips that can be used the same as pea gravel.
good luck,
Trent