York Diamond 80 - No Flame/Heat

Old 01-25-10, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York Diamond 80 - No Flame/Heat

I have a york diamond 80 furnace that services the lower level of our home. This morning I notice that level is at 63 degrees and the thermostat is set for 68. All seems to be well with the thermostat - I changed the batteries in it just to make sure.

At the furnace, I'm getting a continuous flash on the indicator lights, which according the label means "no call for heat."

Other than the flashing, I notice that when the unit should be kicking on, a fan starts blowing (but not the main blower). After a minute or two I hear a hissing, but there is never an ignition. Should I be seeing a pilot light? I'm not.

I'm lookin to see if anyone here can interpret and advise me on that. I've tried power off the furnace and that that hasn't helped.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-10, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The fan you hear come on is the inducer fan motor and it draws gas/air mixture through the burners. Sounds like your electronic ignitor has failed. You have no pilot. Take a long lighter with you to the furnace. Take the top panel off and look for the burners. Start the furnace and when you hear that hissing sound(the ignitor click click click) hold a lit lighter over/in the burners and it should light the gas, if it does then you ignitor has failed and you need a new one. You can use the lighter to light the burners until technician is called. also make sure its a long lighter because its gas in there and it can be dangerous if using a match.