York Diamond 80 furnace not turning on

Old 02-04-10, 06:54 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York Diamond 80 furnace not turning on

i have a york diamond 80 will not turn on with thermostat. thermostat is good , but it wont turn on with it, it will turn on when i put a paper clip on the red and white wires on the control board. does that mean anything? do i need a new control board?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-10, 09:09 AM
You do not need a new board. If you jump R and W at the furnace and it comes on, then it is not being told to come on. Verify that R and W and connected at the thermostat. If they are, jump R and W on the THERMOSTAT, its the same as doing it at the furnace. When you jump the wires if the furnace comes on and the wires are connected then you probably need a new thermostat. If nothing happens when you jump R and W on the thermostat then there is some safety that stops it. if that is the case then call a techician or look for a little fuse on the furnace circuit board and make sure it is not broken.

Old 02-04-10, 12:47 PM
ok i tried that and it worked, but when i take the same thermostat upstairs it will turn on that furnace,and when i take the upstairs thermostat down it wont turn on the furnace. now if neither thermostat work downstairs but they both turn on the furnace upstairs what is the problem then. by the way i have two furnaces, its the bigger furnace that wont turn on with either thermostats. but it can be jumped to work if its the thermostat why do they both work for the other furnace.