williams forsaire fan blade removal

Old 10-10-19, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
williams forsaire fan blade removal

I need to remove the fan blade from the fan motor. I've removed the set screw but the blade will not come off the motor shaft. The fan blade has an intergal shroud covering the motor so can't use any kind of puller. Any suggestions for removing the fan blade. I need to oil the motor but the shroud blocks access...

Last edited by neljer; 10-10-19 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-19, 01:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 370 Votes on 347 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I've worked on wall heaters but there are many different models. I just service them based on what I see. Sometimes PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench can be helpful to loosen the blades. Many times I'll use a pickle fork between the motor and the blades to remove them. A fork is a tool used on cars to pop ball joints.

From past experiences.... most of those motors have sealed bearings so either oiling is completely ineffective or only lasts a short time.

Name:  pt.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  3.1 KB

Old 10-13-19, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If I understand, this tool is inserted behind the fan blades between the blade housing and the motor and then tapped forcing the blades off the shaft. But, that bowl shaped shroud completely covers the shaft right up to the front of the motor. INO, no access to the shaft... This motor does have front and back oiling holes. I guess the only thing I can do is cut an access hole on the side of the unit to access the motor. Not pretty to patch but... Any other thoughts?