DURAHEAT DFA75T 75,000 BTU/HR Kerosene Heater

Old 01-13-21, 06:32 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DURAHEAT DFA75T 75,000 BTU/HR Kerosene Heater

I had bought a DURAHEAT DFA75T kerosene/Multi Fuel space heater for my shop and it has always started right up and never given me any problems. I live in New England wone sis nt fsasae the winters can get fairly cold so having this heater during winter time is a crucial, must have piece of equipment. I remember using it last year one last time and I ran it until it used up all the kerosene in the tank and died, I then proceeded to pack it away until the next time I needed it. When I put it away in storage during the summer months it stayed well protected in a climate controlled garage, and this winter when I pulled it out of storage to use it the electric motor would not come to life. I made sure the motor was free and not bound up from sitting for several months, everything rotated easily if you manually spun the motor shaft. There were no signs that a mouse or any other rodent had chewed or damaged any of the electrical wiring or components and just to be sure I broke out the multimeter and continuity checked all visable/accessible wiring. I also tested for incoming power and completely inspected/tested everything on the main PCB board and also changed out the tubular glass fuse and still could not find the issue. I made sure that the rear rotor and vanes were also moving freely and there was nothing that could be binding the motor solid and at that point I went ahead and verified all of the other components were functioning properly (igniter, photo cell, capacitor, on/off toggle switch, igniter Leeds/plugs, PCB, Vacuum lines, power cord, all the ground connections, fuel pick-up filter and just about anything else you could possibly check. I believe the problem lies within the motor itself which I have no idea how to open up the housing, there are no bolts holding it together and I could only guess that it is a press together. Can anyone tell me how to get this housing apart so I can continue troubleshooting the problem, I will scratch a few photos. (P.S. the motor has been discontinued so buying a new one is not feasible, I would like to repair the original motor that came with the heater. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated, Thanks, Dan

Old 01-13-21, 07:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,324 Votes on 1,224 Posts
That motor says 15uf and the parts listing says 12uf.
Have you tested the capacitor ? Not just looked at.... actually tested or subbed it.
Did you confirm 120vAC on the red and orange wires ?

It certainly looks like a pressed together motor.
They can be almost impossible to open without causing damage.

Motor part # 3970-0034-00
Could not find any subs.
Fireplace parts . com shows that motor as in stock.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: