Kenmore Gas Oven/range

Old 08-14-02, 12:07 PM
j2kate
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Kenmore Gas Oven/range

I have a three year old Kenmore gas oven range (model #362.75481890). It is an electric glow ignition type. The last thing that was done with it was the using the self-cleaning feature. Now, when turning on the oven to any temperature (including broil), the burner does not light and the red "clean" light blinks on the panel. If I turn the knob to the "clean" location, the upper burner lights up as expected. The range burners work fine. Should I call for a repair or is it something simple? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Old 08-15-02, 04:10 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi,

Total guess here...almost sounds like the range is stuck in clean mode...won't come on in regular cooking mode and consol light flashes...set for self clean and the clean still comes on...Door lock switch stuck in clean mode? Clock assy stuck in clean mode?

Does sound best to me to have someone look at the range!

362.######## is a GE built Kenmore.

jeff.

Old 08-16-02, 08:19 AM
j2kate
Visiting Guest
"stuck" in clean mode is right

Jeff,

You hit the nail on the head and if I dug a little bit more in to the problem before I called service I could have saved some $$. The switch that the clean lock level throws was "stuck" by some old grease or whatever. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully someone else can save some money from this post.

Old 08-16-02, 04:56 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

**Hopefully someone else can save some money from this post.**

Good tip for us and others!! Thankx for the update!!

jeff.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: