Glow coil question

Old 09-12-02, 01:51 PM
Barleypopman
Visiting Guest
Glow coil question

Well I did it to myself this time. i didn't note which clip went on which tab when I removed the old glowcoil.
There are 2 tabs and 2 wires I don't know if it makes a difference which goes where.
It is a whirlpool oven.
Any thoughts...anyone?

Old 09-12-02, 02:33 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello: Barleypopman

Shouldn't make any difference. The coil is similar to any other voltage using device, in that it absorbs current and gives off, light and heat.

Hot surface ignitors, glow coils, glow bars are various names for the same part. The are all carbonic lighters.

Designed to absorb a predetermined amount of electrical current and provide enough glowing hot surface area to provide ignition.

Current flow should not be a concern. Most have two wires which are both white but some may have quick disconnects at the ends.

BTW:
Thanks for bring up the subject too.
Your question makes an excellent reminder point also. Always make notes, drawings and or mark wires, connection locations, parts locations, etc. before removal.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button. By doing so, the additional information you add or questions you may have, will remain within this posting. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: