Oven Fault Code

Old 10-08-02, 02:41 PM
gjm
Visiting Guest
gas oven repair

I have an Admiral gas stove and when trying to preheat oven I got a F2 code which means sensor or board nees to be replaced. I went to local appliance service store for oven sensor part 7430P007 for
Admiral model #687WK-TKSAW. They ordered and now one week later they got the wrong part. I called Admiral and they said this part is obsolete. They also said it could be board, but I won't know until I try board and if it is sensor I can't get part. Do you have any ideas how to fix this.
I did remove sensor and now I get F4 code. Thanks for any help.

Old 10-08-02, 08:56 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello gjm and Welcome to our Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances forum.

Without the new sensor, the code appears and the oven fails to operate. The sensor is obsolete and or unavailable. Which must mean the oven is beyond the number of years parts must be available for products by law.

You'll have to attempt to locate the part through a used appliance retail store, if possible. Try another part store or source dealer and or appliance parts retailer. These dealers may have suppliers that do not sell only OEM parts.

Although I personally do not often recommend online parts purchases, check the online part retailers for the part.

After market part suppliers may have the part with another name on it but do the exact same function.

If the appliance still has market value and can be refurbished for resale, used appliance dealers have non orginal manufacturers for parts suppliers. These dealers may be of some service to you and for you to locate the part.

If you elect to purchase the main circuit board and install it, whether it resolves the problem or not, it's concidered a non returnable and non refundable electrcial part once sold.

At the present time I do not have any other information to offer you.

Regards & Good Luck
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 10-09-02, 04:36 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

By the model#....I came up with....

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/promote-detail.cgi?affiliate_id=AppAid&item=12001655&brand=MAC

Sensor used on Admiral/Maytag and a few others as well.

**F2 code**

F2 - oven too hot - Check sensor- 1100 ohms. A stuck/sticky relay can also sometimes give an F2...relays can be on a separate relay board or on the clock assy.

**If you elect to purchase the main circuit board and install it, whether it resolves the problem or not, it's concidered a non returnable and non refundable electrcial part once sold**

Very true!!

jeff.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: