replacing gas stovetop ignitor

Old 11-07-02, 07:07 AM
lisaleso
Visiting Guest
Question replacing gas stovetop ignitor

Hello, our Caloric Prestige Series gas stovetop right front ignitor is cracked. I got a new ignitor from the local appliance part store and now need information on how to remove the old one and install the new one...any help you can provide would be great.

Thank you
lisa leso

Old 11-07-02, 03:23 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi,

Model#?? Approx age??

Then we should know what style you have

jeff.

Old 11-07-02, 04:54 PM
lisaleso
Visiting Guest
reply..caloric ignitor issue

Hello jeff...

The model number is RST399UL. The ignitor p/n is : 0309358 and the serial # is 9205226065. With regards to the age...I couldn't tell you..I just purchased this house two mos ago and the Caloric double oven/gas stove was included...Unfortunately this one burner has a cracked ignitor and won't light...

Thank you for your help.

Lisa

Old 11-07-02, 05:16 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi,

A pic that may help you....

http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/Maytag/AM9142.gif

These (0309358) are easy to change

Usually no need to turn off gas....usually good to remove power....lift off cast iron burner grate & burner cover/top....remove the star screw from the burner bottom....lift straight up on the burner...the burner bottom and electrode/ignitor will come off together....remove wire from ignitor ( it will pull off ) and you will have a speed clip holding the ignitor to the burner. Slowly pry off the speed clip with a flat screwdriver and change the ignitor....push the speed clip back on and reverse you other steps.

jeff.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: