Oven Burner Ignition

Old 11-08-02, 09:07 AM
Guevara
Visiting Guest
wedgewood stove ignition problem,

the oven section in my wedgewood stove in my new (old) house won't light. I think its a 40s era wedgewood, with a grittle on the top. The problem started when a bake i had going exploded, and a lot of liquid dripped from the oven, around the gas control pilot light area.

now, the pilot light works, but when i turn on the oven, no gas flows. my friend suspects that the robert shaw control for the oven is broken. how do i go about fixing this? is the part easily taken apart? any suggestions on internet sites that carry this control?

thanks a lot!

Old 11-11-02, 06:02 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Guevara

Up till today your question was listed in the list of questions but unavailable for me to open. Reason unknown but I suspect it was a computer glich or it was logged into another forum...???

The anser to your question can be found in the question asked by jbclem dated 11/11/02. Your stove has the same type of safety devices as his.

Most likely the RED reset buttons have to be pushed in to reset the valves. The RED buttons should be or could be located under the stove top lid, inside a draw or in the broiler compartment draw, etc.

Look for it. When you find this button, push it in till it bottoms, hold it there for one or two seconds and slowly let it out again. Doing so should reset the safety valve and the oven should once again work as prior....

Regards & Good Luck
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: