Dryer Doesn't Heat

Old 11-19-02, 05:29 PM
tgg
Visiting Guest
whirlpool gas dryer heating or glow coil issue please read!!!!

The issue i'm having is, it will not heat up, i took off the cover plate at the bottom of dryer and when turning on the dryer i see the glow light come on, about 5 seconds after turning it on, but about 10 seconds later the light dims down and turns off.

Can someone help me with this issue please.

Old 11-19-02, 09:05 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Glow Coil, Solenoids and or Gas Valve

Hello tgg. Welcome to my Gas Appliances forum and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

The most likely problem is the two solenoids located on top of the gas valve. They most likely are defective. Another could be a weak glow coil. Yet another could be the gas valve.

Retail parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers if you stop in at the store. The info will help to determine the exact parts used in the model assembly line run and possible problem causes.

Suggestion:
Read the prior questions pertaining to dryers, within this forum, to obtain additional information. These prior postings and any or all the replies offered within them will contain almost all the required information needed pertaining to the many potential and or possible problems with dryers like your describing.

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years and or during any dryer maintenance and or repairs.

Regards & Good Luck. TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises
Tom_Bartco......Gas Appliances Forum Moderator, Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 11-19-02, 10:07 PM
tgg
Visiting Guest
Can i tell you guys the model, make here?

Old 11-20-02, 09:02 PM
tgg
Visiting Guest
Since these are gas appliances is there a pilot light on these dryers?

Old 11-24-02, 10:52 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
**Can i tell you guys the model, make here?**

Sure

**Since these are gas appliances is there a pilot light on these dryers?**

Have to go back maybe 25-30 years to find a pilot flame in a dryer....most are hot surface ignition....glow bar.

jeff.

Old 12-03-02, 05:05 PM
tgg
Visiting Guest
gas dryer wont heat up please read!

I posted here before if you look below more on the main page, my issue is i have a gas dryer and when turning on the dryer i;m looking at the glow coil it comes on gets nice a bright but about 10 seconds later i hear a click noise kind of like a swith being moved and the glow starts to dim down and just turns off.

My friends friends has a appliance shop and works on dryers etc he took the whole gas vavle unit with him including the coil everything was atached all he did was disconnect 3 wires and he said he repalced it with another working whole unit i brong it home and it has the same exact issue.

can someone please help me.

Old 12-03-02, 06:00 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: tgg

Locate this topic again if you need further assistance, than use the REPLY button. Using this method moves the topic back up the list automatically.

If the person replaced the solenoids and checked the gas valve and the same problem exists, chances are the flame sensor could be defective.

The Flame Sensor part is located on the burner housing. If it's defective, it will cause the glow coil to not function or cause the problem your describing.

The Solenoids on top of the gas valve could be defective.
There are two...both are on top of the gas valve. Ask if this person did in fact replce the solenoids.

Have the person who did the repair recheck the gas valve and test the flame sensor. Chances are the is in one or both of these parts.

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years and or during any dryer maintenance and or repairs.

Good Luck. TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator, Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: