Oven Spark Ignition Problem

Old 12-03-02, 03:43 PM
Pokeysprincess
Visiting Guest
Amana Gas Oven

whenever I turn on the oven the clicking of the ignition does not stop. Once the clicking stops and I think the oven is working fine it starts up clicking like its trying to light the oven. What's wrong ?

Old 12-03-02, 05:29 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Pokeysprincess and Welcome to our Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances forum.

Usually the problem is caused by two conditions. The element which creates the spark is defective or the spark module is defective.

The sparking element turns off the sparking when it gets heated by the burner flames or pilot flame, which is heating it. When the part becomes defective, it does not signal the module to stop the flow of current to it.

Replacing the sparker usually resolves that problem. However, the module may be the problem. Retail parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be.

Bring the make, model and serial numbers and stop in at the store. The info will help to determine the possible problem causes.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button. By doing so, the additional information you add or questions you may have, will remain within this posting. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. Gas Appliances Forum Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
"Fast, Fair, Friendly & Highly Proficient"......
Energy Conservation Consulting Services & Gas Appliance
Problem Diagnostics and Technician Services.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: