Fuel Conversion Question

Old 01-07-03, 05:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool Converting From Propane To Natural Gas

Tom,
They're running a new natural gas line into our rural county right now, and will begin hooking homes up pretty soon.
Everyone here that uses gas for heating, cooking and gas logs is now on propane.
Is there a site on converting where I can get some general information, or can you give a little insight into what is involved?
Parts cost guesstimate? Can an advanced DIYer do it?
I'm getting a lot of questions. Thank you.
Mike

Old 01-07-03, 06:42 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Mike

Usual practices by natural gas utilities is to provide the appliance conversions free. At least free of labor charges. In most cases totally free, as soon as the service is able to be provided to your home.

To determine if the conversion service is available from the supplier, ask. Inquire now and if the conversion service is offered, whether totally free or partially free, take it.

In doing so, I am confident the conversion of the applinces will be done correctly the first time. The appliances will then be working properly and safely. A comforting thought....

Also be aware that should any current appliance not be installed to code or need any additional parts to comply to existing codes, you will be responsible to comply and pay the additional costs.

Upgrade costs and services to comply with currect codes and standards are not usually provided by all gas utilties. Outside contractors may be required.

You will have to make the choices among the contractors you choose to provide the services. Gas utilitiy companies often have listings of qualified contractors to choose from. Ask for that list.

Regards,
Tom_B

Old 01-07-03, 07:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Thanks, Tom.
Just what I needed to know.
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question