Furnace Pilot Problem

Old 01-08-03, 05:33 PM
ceochicken
Visiting Guest
Question Gas furnace

Pilot keeps going out after relight 10-12 hours after wards. Do I need to replace the thermocouple or the pilot saftey valve box?

Old 01-08-03, 09:19 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello ceochicken. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic & the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

My suggestion would be to replace the thermocouple first.

For additional information, problem possibilities and solutions, read the questions within this forum pertaining to heater topics. These prior questions and the replies offered within them contain almost all the required information needed.

Heating Agents & Appliance part stores carry replacement parts for almost every heater brand. The locations for the dealers, agents and retail part stores are listed in the phone book.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, the thermostat is turned down and the gas control valve is in the off postion before attempting any repairs.

Retail parts dealers and heating part supplers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and are listed in the phone book.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or ask additional questions. Attempt the repair solutions or correctional method provided first.

Regards & Good Luck, Forum Host & Multiple Topic Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises. Energy Conservation Consultant & Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: