Stove Fuel Conversion

Old 01-15-03, 06:49 AM
ssheila
Visiting Guest
Question Stove conversion, Gas to Propane

Hi, I'm (single woman, quiet "handy") moving from the city to a small mountain town. I have a newer gas stove I'd like to take with me but my new home has propane. My question is: should I tackle the conversion myself (safety wise), if so, is it expensive for the conversion kits (do they sell such a thing? if so, where?) OR should I just call a contractor to do it and if so, what type of contractor? Plumber? As you can see, I'm at a total loss here. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-15-03, 06:39 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi,

My 12 cents opinion ( darn Canadian buck! )

**should I tackle the conversion myself (safety wise)**

With the correct tools, knowledge/instructions, parts, common sense...this can be a DIY project.

**if so, is it expensive for the conversion kits (do they sell such a thing?**

Some need a kit, some do not...need full #'s off of the model/serial tag and make to check for you.

**where?**

Lots of places can with parts...if even needed.

**OR should I just call a contractor to do it and if so, what type of contractor? Plumber? As you can see, I'm at a total loss here**

Post what make and model you have, and we can check to see what we can find out for you about this project.

jeff.

Old 01-16-03, 06:26 AM
ssheila
Visiting Guest
Jeff,
Thanks for the info. Right now the Stove is in storeage and far, far back (and under) in the mess!! I won't be moving for about another month but will get back to you then with the info you need. Right now trying to plan ahead (something new for me!) Thanks again

Old 01-16-03, 07:31 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sheila,

Some stove will come with a LP Kit with it, or is LP Ready.. If you sitll have your owner/install book, it should have the info in there telling you how to change it over..

But, I am guessing your books are inside the range??? :-) So, let us know when you do get the info and all for us!

Good luck, and Happy Moving!

Old 01-16-03, 02:44 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Smile

**Right now trying to plan ahead (something new for me!)**

LOL!!

-Some- "how to convert to LPgas" can be found from below page....

http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html

...might at least give a "heads up".

**but will get back to you then with the info you need.**

Terrific...then we should be able to give you tips/info on your project

jeff.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: