Disconnect Stove Gas Line

Old 02-18-03, 05:35 AM
HOWTODO
Visiting Guest
Disconnect Stove Gas Line

I am installing a new gas stove and line. I cannot budge the nuts (or couplers) to remove the old line. Is there something that I can put on it to loosen it up?

Old 02-18-03, 05:25 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello How 2. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

If the nuts you are referring to are those on the flexible gas line, they are not all that difficult to remove. That is why I have to assume these are not the parts you are attempting to remove.

Couplings are not the used with any flexible gas lines to the stove. Couplings are steel tubes about 3-4 inches long with internal threads.

Each side of the coupling has threads that are cut left and the other right internally with both threads in one coupling. Couplings are used only to connect steel pipe together. Turning a coupling threads both ends of a pipe together.

If you are referring to the end nuts on a flexible gas supply tube, each is threaded onto an adapter. Holding the adapter with one wrench while turning the flex tubing nut with another wrench. You must turn the nuts counter clockwise to remove them.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "Line." Line as in an entire gas line or a connector between the gas supply pipe and the stove??? Kindly clearify.

Use additional detail to further explain exactly what you mean by line and the do-it-yourself project in detail.

Use the REPLY button to add that additional information after attempting the method or methods offered above.

Regards & Good Luck, Forum Host & Multiple Topic Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises. Energy Conservation Consultant & Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 02-19-03, 09:22 AM
HOWTODO
Visiting Guest
GAS LINE

Sorry so confusing. Finally got it. Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: