gas dryer removal

Old 05-25-03, 07:36 PM
elamberth
Visiting Guest
gas dryer removal

I will be moving in a few weeks, and have a gas dryer. I currently have natural gas and will have propane in my new home. I am having the company that installed the propane system in the new home convert my gas dryer to propane, but I want to remove the gas dryer myself when I move. Do I just unplug the dryer then turn off the gas supply line to the dryer (there is a valve behind the dryer), then unhook the dryer? Is there anything else I need to do or be aware of?

Thanks,

Elamberth

Old 05-25-03, 08:27 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Welcome Elamberth to my Gas Appliances forum and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Basically speaking, after you unplug the dryer and disconnect the venting system, yes, you can use two wrenches to remove the flex gas line from the valve aftering turning off the valve.

2 wrenches are suggested, so you can hold the valve in place on the gas pipe it's screwed on to and not allow it to turn while you unscrew the flex lines cap nut from the shut off valve.

Once this process is completed, there should be no need to do anything else. Unless you want to cap the valves threads.

Hardware stores often have valve caps which thread onto the threaded male end of the shut off valve. These caps are not required in most areas of the country but do offer some additional safety.

Mostly from accidentially or intentionally being turned on. Especially if the house will remain vacant for an extended period of time.

Read the other questions pertaining to dryer removals and disconnecting within this forum for additional information.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically keep your question at the top of the forum list.

Regards & Good Luck.
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.
Doityourself Web Site Host & Gas Appliances Forum Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: