Gas Dryer

Old 06-22-03, 12:44 AM
rainmaker
Visiting Guest
Gas Dryer

I have a Frigadare heavy duty gas (propane) dryer that untill recently (last few days) worked fine. Now there is no heat when I try to dry clothes. Any Ideas?

Old 06-22-03, 07:34 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Hello rainmaker. Welcome to my Gas Appliances forum and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

First it has to be determined if all the controls on the front panel are set correctly. Once that is established, the glow coil <hot surface glowing ignitor> is functioning.

A hot glow coil, working correctly, will glow an intense bright yellow orange in color. Too much orange, any reddish color or a dull orange means the glow coil is weak. Replacing it should solve the problem.

Many of the other possibilities are explained in the question dryer no heat just asked by member mw. Reading that question and many others in the forum on dryers which do not heat will provide all the possible causes and the solutions.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically keep your question at the top of the forum list.

Regards & Good Luck. TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.
Doityourself Web Site Host & Gas Appliances Forum Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: