DIY gas piping

Old 07-15-03, 03:22 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DIY gas piping

By searching this forum, its clear many of you recommend against do it yourself gas piping. I need to shorten one peice of gas pipe near the end of a run to shift the position of my stove. Reading this other website makes me want to do this myself. Would you still recommend against doing this given the info available on this website.

http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/p.../move/pipe.htm

Old 07-16-03, 08:15 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Hello apiersma

I viewed the web site referred to. If you feel you have the skills, knowledge and tools to install the gas line, extend or shorten the line to meet the needs, do it. Follow the guide lines offered.

I cannot often suggest to anyone or everyone that asks questions regarding gas piping to attempt to do it themselves. There simply isn't any means by which to judge their abilities in a text only format such as this one.

Other factors are local codes that must be meet and complied with, personal safety of the person doing the task or their family members, dangers involved it the task, area of the world or country the member resides in, etc.

Doing anything otherwise would not be prudent nor professional on my part, as a professional nor as the moderator of this forum or web site host.

Regards & Good Luck. TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises
Doityourself Web Site Host & Gas Appliances Forum Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: