Stove burner ignition

Old 07-30-03, 09:36 AM
Tuan
Visiting Guest
Was stove won't ignite

My gas stove has 4 section. Only the 2 left one will ignite when I turn it on to cook. But the 2 right one wont ignite, I have to turn it on and use a match to light it up. Can you give me adive of how to fix it, and what part?

Thank you

Tuan

Old 07-30-03, 10:09 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Tuan

If the source is a sparking ignitor, the sparker may be dirty or defective. If the ignitor is a pilot flame, the flame may be out. Also possible the ignition ports are plugged up.

The ignition ports will be located on the side of the burner. Cleaning all the ports is required to allow burner ignition.

In some cases, the entire burner has to be removed to complete this task successfully.

Read the prior topics, within this forum, on this subject of stove burner ignition and the replies offered. Prior postings and any or all the replies offered within them contain almost all the required information needed pertaining to the many potential and or possible problems with an oven.

If you need further assistance or care to post the results of this repair, use the REPLY button. Doing so moves the topic to the top of the daily list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.
Tom_B. Gas Appliances Forum Moderator.
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 07-31-03, 09:55 AM
Tuan
Visiting Guest
Thank you very much Mr. Shape Adive, I will give it a try.

Tuan

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: