Natural Gas BBQ

Old 08-21-03, 09:12 PM
rustycage73
Visiting Guest
Natural Gas BBQ

I was given a natural gas BBQ as a house warming gift but because it's a new house my backyard is still under construction and it we won't have a yard or fence for another year or two. I was wondering if I can covert my natural gas BBQ to a propane BBQ so I can at least use it in the garage? The BBQ is a Weber Genesis Silver C

Or is it safe to have a natural gas line running into the garage?

Thanks,
Rustycage

Old 08-22-03, 05:53 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello rustycage73. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

The bbq can be easily converted to propane as a do it yourself project. The local appliance parts store will have the correctly sized burner orifices for the btu rating of the burners. Write down the brand, model and btu rating and take the info to the store.

Regarding having a gas supply line run into the garage, that too can be accomplished by a licensed plumber who does gas pipe installations.

If an existing gas line is already in the garage for another appliance, a plumber can tap into that line. Doing that should save time and money.

I am not a plumber nor do I recommend nor suggest to anyone attempting to run gas lines as a do it yourself project. Hiring a pro is the best and safest method for all concerned.

On the issue of using an unvented appliance in an enclosed area, even in a garage with one or more doors opened, is not a safe place to do so under any circumstances. Outdoors would be and is the best and safest location.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically move your question to the top of the forum list.

Regards & Good Luck.
Forums Admin & Multiple Topic Moderator.
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.
Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: