Dryer Doesn't Heat

Old 10-20-03, 01:05 PM
Jay1648
Visiting Guest
My Gas Dryer Doesn't Heat

I have a Kenmore dryer 60 series, I set the timer and it will not shut off and there is no heat. I have replaced the igniter and the igniter does not glow nor is there heat. Can someone help me with this problem. Thanks

Old 10-20-03, 08:02 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Jay1648. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Very common problem and there are already many questions identical to yours in the forum. Reading any of them will help to provide you with all the info needed.

The most common causes are the timer and or the flame senser. If you are sure the replaced hot surface ignitor is getting electrical current, any of the two above mentioned parts can be the cause. Additional possible causes are below.

A Fuseable Link:
Check for continuity across this part. It will be located in the exhausts venting system prior to the discharge outlet. If there is no continuity, replace the part. Not all dryers have this part.

Flame Sensor:
This part is located on the burner housing. If it's defective, it will cause the glow coil to not function or cause the problem your discribing. You can test this part with a continuity tester or an ohm meter.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes and solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, instructions, pictorials, schematics, which may be available online.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. Take will need the make, model and serial numbers.

Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will quickly provide you with a additional information on how to resolve the problem.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button. By doing so, the additional information you add or questions you may have, will remain within this posting. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.
Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system during any dryer maintenance and or repairs.

Old 10-24-03, 07:17 PM
papajumpboots
Visiting Guest
I HAVE THE ANSWER

Jay,
On the back of you dryertake the back cover off in the middle is a white fuse with 2 connections about 1 inch in lenghth this is call a thermofuse you can get this for about 5 dollars change this and you will be amazed .......this fuse controls your timer and glow plug i bet this is the problem because i had the same symptons and this worked for me ....good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: