Oven Burner Installation

Old 11-07-03, 09:30 AM
Heidijs
Visiting Guest
Question installing a new burner bake in gas oven

I have had an oven problem for some time. My oven almost blows up when it finally lights. so I have decided to replace the burner bake part of my oven. Do you need any special skills to do this?
Thanks

Old 11-07-03, 01:57 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Heidijs

No special tools are needed. The burners venturi tube sits on the orifice which is on the body of the gas valve. The front end of the burner is attached to the front of the oven.

Most burners fronts simply rests on the front ledge and may have a cotter pin to hold it in place or a screw and nut.

The condition you describe is known as delayed ignition. It can be caused by rust/scale and or debris in the holes or slots {Ports} of the burner.

If the burner is made out of cast iron it may be rusted which clogs up the ports. They can be cleaned out using a piece of wire. Than wire brush the outside area. Also check to insure the burner tube is also clear.

Next most common reason is the burner does not light completely around both side of the burner. Basically the same reason as above. These ports are called "cross-over" ports.

Ignition ports, {holes and or a slot} which allow the gas to cross over to the opposite side of the burner are clogged, blocked and or restricted.

An old tooth brush or similar like tool will clear the obstructions. In some cases, the entire burner tube has to be removed to complete this task, while at other times, working carefully can accomplish the task without burner removal.

Also read several other questions in this forum on the subject of ovens. Doing so will provide you with enough information to determine what the problem is and how to correct it.

Appliance Repair, Care and Installation Tips:
Web Help Link: http://doityourself.com/appliance/index.htm

If you need further assistance use the REPLY button. Doing so moves the topic back up to the top of the daily list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. Web Site Host & Gas Appliances Topic Moderator. TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Energy Conservation Consulting Services & Gas Appliance Problem Diagnostics and Technician Services.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: