Dishwasher makes glasses cloudy

Old 12-15-03, 10:49 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Dishwasher makes glasses cloudy

Just installed a new Maytag dishwasher and have been excited about getting some "dish duty" relief. All working well, except it's making all our glassware very cloudy. Our water isn't that hard. Have tried using less detergent, tried a different kind of detergent and rinse, and even ran an extra rinse cylce, but still come out with very cloudy glassware. All other dishes come beautifully clean. Any insight would be greatly appreciated......

Old 12-15-03, 11:09 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: fishkat

The glass may be ectched. If it is the water, the dishes, etc. have the same film but not as noticeable. The water may not be mineral hard but it may contain chemicals used for pipe cleaning etc. Non toxic but can stain some items.

Another possibility is the lower trap cage beneath the rotating water blades. Remove that entire assembly piece by piece until you get to the bottom.

Clean out the lower bottom, all the parts you remove and inside the rotating blades, etc. You're likely to find some white calcium deposits, undesolved soap, debris, food particles, etc.

Reinstall all parts. Add a few cups of vinegar. Run the hot pots & pans cycle to flush out any left over loose stuff, the lines and hoses etc inside the machine.

Above all the help I can offer you. Do this myself as often as is needed or yearly. Works for me. Hope so for you too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: