Glennwood gas stove/heater?

Old 01-04-04, 04:58 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Glennwood gas stove/heater?

Hi,
We live in Mass,and heat the 2nd floor apt with a glennwood natural gas stove,wich has a heater on the side.
We ordered this through an appliance company about 18yrs ago.It heats the apt great.Recently the gas control unit for the heater part failed,and had to be replaced at a cost of $300.
Is this high???
Also do company's still make units like this?if so who?
Are parts for my unit easiely available?Thanks

Old 01-04-04, 07:23 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: cschroth1. Welcome to my gas appliances topic.

I am not familar with that type of gas combination appliance not that specific brand of appliance. They are not available in this area not has anyone I am aware of ever serviced one.

The cost of parts is relevent to the parts functions, manufacturer, availability in your area, where the part is made, supply and demand, inflation and many other factors. Based upon how long the prior part lasted, (18yrs) the cost would seem fairly priced.

To determine if that company still makes these appliances and if parts are available, try a goggle search using the appliances brand name, etc.

The gas supplier might also be able to provide you with information based upon what services they provide and or part and products they sell, if any.

Gas suppliers, in some parts of the country, do more or are allowed by state laws and or state public utility rules, to do more than simply sell the fuel source.

In some areas selling gas plus parts and providing services is considered to be a conflict of interests, etc. Contact your gas supplier for additional specific details.

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice. TCB4U2B2B Business Management Serivces. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: