gas oven disassembly

Old 01-13-04, 09:08 PM
mave4rick
Visiting Guest
gas oven disassembly

Hello

I apparently need a repair manual that shows how to disassemble my Gaffers & Sattler Series 24 gas range (with double upper and lower ovens).

I simply removed 3 screws on each side of the inside-front of the lower oven. These 6 screws secure the sides of the lower oven (inside the oven itself) to the front of the range's steel frame (the part of the frame that surrounds the closed oven door).

On removing the third screw on the left and right a piece of angle iron dropped down on each side.

Now the screws will not re-secure back into the frame because the thread holes for them are apparently on the fallen pieces of angle iron.

There appears to be no way to lift the angle iron pieces back into position so the screws can grab the threads again for re-tightening - without removing the lower oven's outer panels.

But it looks like each of the lower oven panels are secured at the top by a capped sleeve - which also appears to act as a base support for the whole upper oven assembly.

So now it looks like the whole upper oven assembly has to come off!

It looks scary. I'd like to strangle the moron who is responsible for the threaded angle iron design.

Any suggestions? Or can anyone at least point me toward an available manual that would show how to disassemble the unit?

Any consideration appreciated.
Thanx
mave4rick

P.S. Model and serial #s (FA12A-2B7 and 07127EB) are best estimates as these numbers are extremely worn down on the ID plate (i.e., F could be an E and B could be an 8). In fact itís even impossible to tell which is the model # and which is the serial #!

Old 01-14-04, 03:43 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just curious, why were you disecting the stove to begin with?

Old 01-14-04, 07:37 AM
mave4rick
Visiting Guest
I was trying to get at the lower oven door's roller assembly (the door rests in the fully open position a little too far downward).

Old 01-15-04, 12:39 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello mave4rick and Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

Three possible means to get to the plate. An automobile mechanics extension magnet. If there is enough clearence, inserting the magnet between the panels or where the plate dropped to, the magnet will attract and hold the plate for easy removal.

The local appliances part store. There you're likely to find a manual, purchase or obtain a mircofiche photo copy view of the parts. The picture will show how the parts are assembled.

Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts. If the door brackets or any other part is needed, the dealer in vrey likely to provide the pictures with parts purchases. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Try the manufactures online web site. Use the search feature provided to access any provided pics, instructions or the downloadable pdf files of the owners manual and repair manual they offer online for the model you have.

If the model number you have is incorrect, the file will not be there. Try as many combinations as need based on the numbers you have until you find the ones needed.

If you need further assistance, use the reply button to add any and all additional information, etc. By doing so, the additional information you add will remain within this posting. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice. TCB4U2B2B Business Management Serivces. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: