Dryer Drum Damaged

Old 01-31-04, 06:12 AM
cheroberts
Visiting Guest
Question Gas Dryer Drum Damaged

Our dryer was leaving stains on clothes occassionly. I removed the drum and took out the "Ribs" inside and found that a bandaid was stuck inside one of the "ribs" my only guess is that sometimes it would get stuck with part of it sticking out of the "rib" staining the clothes.

While trying to remove the stains left on the drum the coating was damaged. Can I repaint the inside of the drum? What kind of paint should I use?

ty

Old 01-31-04, 06:33 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Welcome ty to my Gas Appliances forum and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Depending upon the extent and spread of the damage, interior appliance paint may be used. How successfully this can be done is unknown, since the surface is enameled.

Check with the local appliance parts store for the correct paint or a local hardware store. Enameled paints are available there.

A bandaid caused stains & this much problems? A bandaid is a small item that makes it difficult to invision how it can cause so much staining.

Enameled surfaces are sealed glass like finishes which resist staining rather well. Once the original surface is damaged it is difficult to totally renew the surface but it is reasonably possible.

Old 01-31-04, 06:56 AM
cheroberts
Visiting Guest
Angry bandaid stains

The bandaid would only cause the stains when several laods of laundry where dried consectively. The bandaid would actually melt and the stains where from the burning bandaid. It is the only odd thing we found in the dryer and the color of the burnt bandaid was a dead match for the color of the stain.

ty for the help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: