Gas Range (Installation)

Old 02-12-04, 01:32 PM
sn008
Visiting Guest
Question Gas Range (Installation)

I planning to buy a Gas Range. How much should I pay for install cost for this appliance. Can I do it myself? What would be the difficulty level.

Thanks in advance.

sn008

Old 02-12-04, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You must be smarter than a garden snail, but do not need a doctors licence.

A free standing range there is a gas line and sometimes a service cord to plug in if there is an igniter. Just add soapy water to the gas line to be sure there is no leaks.....My rate (the minimum) would be $65

Old 02-13-04, 06:54 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: sn008. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

You can install the range/stove yourself. Replacing a stove certainly can be a do-it-yourself project. You'll need 2 pipe wrenches and 1 adjustable 12 inch wrench.

You did not mention if there is an existing appliance already there. If so, at least the gas supply is there. Possibly a shut off valve already exists. If not, one should be installed. The gas would than have to be turned off at the main supply.

Knowing what type of gas helps too. Natrual gas or propane? Each fuel type may use different piping and have different installations methods. What fuel is your appliance now using?

You'll also have to remove the current gas connection parts all the way down to the gas supply pipe. The existing older connectors, adaptors, etc. usually do not fit the newer stoves and ranges. You'll have to install a new gas shutoff valve on the supply pipe and complete stove gas flex-line and adaptors.

Kindly provide more detailed information. Use the reply button to do so. Costs vary for installations. Often worth the cost if one is not experienced in doing gas installations of appliances.

Old 02-13-04, 10:22 AM
sn008
Visiting Guest
Thank you to everbody responded.

Hi All,
First of all I would like thank you for responding. I live in MA
and here cost of installation can easily exceed the cost of appliance itself. So knowing how to do is better.

Gas type: Natural
Range: GE Gas range.
Install cost(license person): $200

I never done this before and so I feel that a handyman would help the first time. HD says licensed guy should do it, whereas keyspan(gas) says licensed is not necessary as far as he/she is experienced.

Thanks again.
sn008

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: