Gas cook top

Old 02-13-04, 05:00 PM
rgbrown1
Visiting Guest
Gas cook top

This is my first gas cook top,although used, it seems to be in brand new shape(as far as ware and tear).
My Roper gas cook top has a problem with one of the burner igniters; the igniter sequence will click for sometimes 10 seconds before it ignites.
All the other burners ignite properly.
Is there a way of checking the igniter for that burner ,or should I replace the whole circuit.
Thanks for any help with this.

Old 02-14-04, 06:06 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello rgbrown1. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

If each burner has it's own sparker, that individual sparker may be dirty or weak. If there is one sparker that lights two burners, the ignition holes for the burner with the lighting problem may be restricted or plugged up.

Ignition ports are tiny holes up one side of the burner head. If these holes are restricted, they must be cleared out. Cleaning can be accomplished using sewing straight pin needle. DO NOT enlarge the ignition holes. Doing so will have adverse burner lighting effects.

Burner heads where the flames will not burn completely around the entire circumference of the burner head, the holes which do not have flames are clogged up and need cleaning.

To clean the sparkers, use an old tooth brush or pipe cleaner. DO NOT attempt to bend any tabs if the sparkers have them. The part is very brittle and will crack the ceramic insulator and or the tip will break off.

If you need further assistance, use the reply button to add any and all additional information, etc. By doing so, the additional information you add will remain within this posting. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice. TCB4U2B2B Business Management Serivces. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: