Gas range problem

Old 02-14-04, 02:53 PM
pickles
Visiting Guest
Gas range problem

We have a Thermador electric oven/Gas range that is three years old. It has worked great until the other day when the gas burner we use the most stopped working. The igniter still sparks although I noticed a burn mark on it. However, I don't think any gas is flowing to this burner since I can't light it with a match. The other three burners work fine so my guess is the gas line to this burner isn't being opened or the line is clogged. I would like to get some information to help in troubleshooting and dissassembling the range.

Old 02-14-04, 04:13 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello pickles. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Before assuming there is no gas coming out of the burner, ensure all the ports are not clogged with spill over debris. Unclog any using a pin or needle. Just do not enlarge any of the ports.

Ignition ports may also be plugged. These are tiny holes up one side of the burner head. If these holes are restricted, they must be cleared out. Cleaning can be accomplished using sewing pin needle. Do not enlarge the ignition holes. Doing so will have adverse burner lighting effects.

If the burner fails to lite because there isn't any gas coming out of the burner head, there may be a restriction in the burner tube or the brass orifice.

If the above is the case, clear the burner tube. If the brass orifice is clogged up, clear it with a pin but do not remove it, if possible nor enlarge the hole.

Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, downloadable repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

If you need further assistance, use the reply button to add any and all additional information, etc. Any additional information you add will remain within this posting. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice. TCB4U2B2B Business Management Serivces. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: