gas oven will not light/start

Old 02-14-04, 05:42 PM
d krynitsky
Visiting Guest
Angry gas oven will not light/start

GE Spectra XL44 self cleaning gas range 2.4 yrs. old. model # JGBP30. I used my oven this afternoon with no problem and later in the day turned it on to bake 325' and it never heated up or turned on. My power works, the stove works, the light on the front shows the oven is on, but it never heated up?? I have no clue, please help.

Old 02-15-04, 05:55 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello d krynitsky and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Is the hot surface glow ignitor glowing? If not, check all the selections and controls on the front panel and be sure each is set correctly. If the hot surface ignitor isn't glowing, it's burned out and needs to be replaced.

For additional information etc. read the recent postings within this forum topic pertaining to oven topics. The questions already asked describe like or similarly related problem descriptions as your question.

Retail parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and are listed in the phone book.

Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, downloadable repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

If you need further assistance, use the reply button to add any additional information or ask additional questions. Attempt the repair solutions or correctional method provided first.

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice.
TCB4U2B2B Business Management Services.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: