Dryer Problems

Old 02-28-04, 05:19 PM
JBerry
Visiting Guest
Angry Gs Dryer problems

Hello.

I am having trouble with my frigidaire gas dryer. Everything works fine but it will not heat to dry the clothes. I should say that it will not heat hot enough. A regular load of clothes is taking 2 1/2 hours to dry. According to the owners manual, it says to try testing or replace the "2 house fuses" as one of them may be bad. It does not however tell me where those fuses are located.

My question is where are they and how do I get to them? I have opened the dryer up and I think I know where they are which is below the dryer drum. From what I can tell I would have to take the front panel off which pulls away from the front part of the drum. I did not want to do this for fear of breaking a seal on the drum. Am I correct with my assesment so far? If so, can anyone tell me if it is okay to proceed with taking off the panel?

Help quick before I can't get back to the thread because of the piles of laundry!!!

Old 02-28-04, 05:38 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: JBerry

Usual cause for long dry times and most likely problem is a restricted exhaust vent. Try removing the venting system from the dryer and dry a normal load of clothes.

If the problem is solved, the vent is restricted. Other possibilities can be found in the forum note dryer help topic. Reading the post will provide additional help and advice and also how to clean the exhaust venting system.

Sharp Advice.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, connection and or repairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: