cold water supply valve to water heater

Old 03-04-04, 09:42 AM
R
rob
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cold water supply valve to water heater

When I replaced my water heater, I didn't have a new intake cold water shut-off. Is there any reason in terms of safety that this would be required. The heater is in the garage, so if it leaks it's not too bad.

My intention was to add this at a later date, but I haven't gotten around to it so far...

Thanks

Old 03-04-04, 10:00 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Rob

Personally, none is needed at this time since the tank is already installed. An inlet water shut off valve is a convenience item in case of water leakage. Avoids turning off the water to the entire house, etc.

I do recommend having one installed for when the time comes. Since the tank is newly installed, next year only flushing is needed. At that time the water has to be left on anyway.

Another good reason to have a shut off valve installed on the inlet side would be to change out a shower faucet hot water faucet valve if the faucet is not a combo single lever type and if there isn't any shut off valve installed for tubs or showers.

Other members and some plumbers may disagree with my opinion but not to be concerned if your are satisfied any water leakage with not be a problem in the near future.

Just do not forget to do that project when you have the time. Good do it yourself project.

If you need a "round to it"....I have an extra one somewhere around here...

I'll send it to you when I have time and get "aroundtoit".......hahaha...LOL!...

Regards & Good Luck
Sharp Advice

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: