gas dryer installation

Old 04-02-04, 01:21 AM
needtodry
Visiting Guest
Exclamation need help with gas dryer install

i was wondering if anyone could help me in installing my gas dryer that has been converted for propane. I was wondering what type of pipe i need to run so i can get the propane to the dryer. also do i need a pipe threader or do they come in certain lengths all ready threaded

thanks

Old 04-02-04, 05:31 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: needtodry. Welcome to Do-It-Yourself and my Gas Appliances Topic.

Whatever type of pipe is presnetly being used in the house can be used to run to the dryer location. The pipe diameter for natural gas is usually half inch.

Half inch for not more than 6 feet back from the dryer. All the rest back from that point to the supply pipe would be 3/4 inch. Which may or may not apply for propane.

Codes vary from state to state and local area to area. Best to check with a professional plumb in the area or the building department in your local. Propane supplier may also know.

Building materials and local privately owned hardware stores would also have the materials needed. Pipe comes in many size lengths and is already pre-threaded. Also need supports to secure pipe to walls, beams or studs whichever is the case.

You will also need a shut off valve at the end of the run and dryer connection fittings and parts. Soap to test for leaks etc.

Old 04-02-04, 09:20 AM
needtodry
Visiting Guest
so if i measure the outside diameter of the pipe thats already there that is the size i should use? its about 8' from where i would splice in the about 4 up to get through the floor where the shut off valve would be and would connect the flex line from the dryer to there. thanks for the advice so far i figured i could do this myself since its over $400 to have it plumbed by a professional in my area.

so from where i splice in its about 6'-8' then a 90degree elbow up to towards the floor then 3-4' to pass through the floor for the shut off valve.hope this helps more towards the way i have to run the line

thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: