Disconnecting gas grill

Old 06-04-04, 12:46 PM
yescyam
Visiting Guest
Disconnecting gas grill

I have a NG grill (old) near my patio that I've never tried to use and would like to disconnect and remove it. What are the steps involved to take care of that? Thanks!

Old 06-04-04, 12:57 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello yescyam and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Depending upon the current installation determines what needs to be done. Also specifically what you mean by disconnect it. If you are leaving any gas piping to the bbq, simply turn off the gas isolation shut off valve, which will be installed in the end of the supply pipe.

Once that is done, disconnect the flexable gas line from the shut off valve. Local hardware stores sell caps that can be installed on the ends of the shut off valves, depending upon the type of shut off valve it is.

If there is no shut off valve intalled on the gas supply line to the bbq and at the bbq, you will need to find where the location on the supply pipeline taps into the nat gas supply source and hope there is a shut off isolation gas valve to turn off.

If you need further assistance, use the reply button to add any and all additional information, etc. Any additional information you add will remain within this posting. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Sharp Advice. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: