Magic Chef 3488vrv gas range cooktop

Old 06-28-04, 03:48 PM
beck401
Visiting Guest
Magic Chef 3488vrv gas range cooktop

My wife proceeded to raise the cooktop on this oven as she is used to, and I am thinking the gas lines under the cooktop may have been damaged. The owner's manual says not to do that, even though the cooktop raises.

What is the recommended way to remove the cooktop to service / inspect the gas lines without having to do the very thing the owners manual tells you not to do? At present, I do not smell any stray gas when using it, but would like some piece of mind.

Thanks for any information you may provide.

Old 06-28-04, 09:15 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello beck401. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Inspection may be possible through a back or rear panel. If there is no smell of gas and the appliance does not display any unusual effects, all must be okay.

Not too much needs attention on these models below the top. And removing one must be done by a professional. Which is the main reason why the manual recommends not attempting to lift the top.

Doing so on sealed burner cooktops can damage the small gas supply lines to the top burners. All the burners have to be removed prior to lifting the top.

Read the manufacturers online web site (http://www.magicchef.com) for product information, disassembly, reassembly methods, which may be available online. Retail appliance parts dealers can also help. They will need the make, model and serial numbers.

If you need further assistance, use the reply button to add any additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically move your question to the top of the forums list of questions.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: