other dryer that is messed up

Old 06-30-04, 11:57 PM
doobie
Visiting Guest
other dryer that is messed up

i also have another dryer that is messed up. it will run then start to shake and i think slow down but when i hold the start knob it stays running?then it will dye out again. same thing over and over again.

any thoughts it is a GE profile 6 years old

thanks again

Old 07-01-04, 10:23 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Hello: doobie

The shaking is most likely worn out pads, gliders or sliders. Pads, gliders and or sliders are the same parts basically with differnet terms all for generic speak.They are the parts, the inside lip of the drum, slides on.

Worn rollers will also cause the drum to shake, make noise or rumble, etc. The rollers are located either at the rear of the drum and or under it. Some drums have a rear bearing which can cause likey or similar problems.

To correct the noise/shaking problem, replace the pads and or rollers or all parts which the drum or tube rotates on. Also check for a rear bearing and while in there, replace the belt too. Just make note how the belt loops over and under each pulley. Failure to do so will likely cause grief on reassembly.

The holding the button problem is a totally different problem. May be a defective switch or a defective motor. Usually, if it's the motor, it is best to replace it and or have it professionally rebuilt. Rebuilding often costs the same, if not more than a new replacement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: