Buzzing noise from gas water heater??

Old 07-02-04, 03:29 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Buzzing noise from gas water heater??

Down on the bottom right hand side there's some gizmo that is making a loud buzz on my mother-in-law's water heater. Has wires going to it, so I'm guessing its a monitor or something. Any ideas??
Old 07-02-04, 04:23 AM
Sharp Advice's Avatar
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Feb 1998
Location: The Shake and Bake State USA
Posts: 9,927
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Reel-Rascals

That part is a circulation water pump. Usually located at the flush/drain spigot on the tank. Will have wires going to it and a pipe.

Purpose of the pump is to maintain hot water constantly circulating in the hot water piping system throughout the entire house. Eliminates or reduces the waiting time for hot water to arrive at a hot water faucet.

If the above is not what you suspect it to be, you will need to be more specific with the details and description of what the part looks like. Not likely to be any type of monitoring system unless the house has solar panels, etc.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: