Electronic Igniters

Old 07-06-04, 04:27 PM
bobcoop103
Visiting Guest
Electronic Igniters

Nearly every time our cleaning person cleans our GE Profile Model JGP 336 cooktop the igniters continually click even when all burners are off. I assume it's moisture but I have tried to clean and dry all components I can't seem to get them to stop clicking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Old 07-06-04, 05:28 PM
Gas-repairs4U
Visiting Guest
Hi Bob,

You are correct about the moisture. In fact, it usually happens when using a VERY damp cloth, or spraying cleaning fluids around the knobs. Underneath the burner knobs are switches (usually under the metal facing) which activate the ignition module to lite the burners. The contacts in these switches are very close together, and it doesn't take much moisture to make the contacts touch. Remedy: Take the knobs off the controls (pull straight up), Take a standard hair dryer, and dry the switches out. (point the dryer at the half moon shaped stems) When you get the chance, just explain this to the cleaning person so they aren't using spray type chemicals that form liquid puddles around the knobs. Usually, a lightly damp cloth will do the cleaning job just fine. If this doesn't solve your problem, then you may need to replace a burner switch, or ignition module. Good luck!

Sincerely,
The Gas Man

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: