uninstall the gas dryer & washer

Old 07-26-04, 05:43 PM
egghi
Visiting Guest
Question uninstall the gas dryer & washer

Dear Sharp Advice,

We found the information on installing the gas dryer very useful. My husband and I are moving out of our old house, and will take the gas dryer and washer with us. The question is that we are moving everything on our own, and have no idea how to uninstall our Kenmore washer and gas dryer before moving them to the new house.

Also, we would like to know how to install the washer once it's moved into the new house, and is there anything we need to pay attention to when we install our gas dryer according to your response to "myclothesarewet". Please help! Thank you in advance!

Old 07-27-04, 05:34 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello egghi. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

I seperated your question from another one. Doing so allows me to address your question more specifically.

To remove the washer, unplug the machine, turn off both water faucets and disconnect the water hoses from the faucets/spigots. Than remove the drain hose from the drain line and place it, along with the inlet water hoses into the tube. Once at the new location, reverse the removal procedure to install the washer.

To remove the gas dryer, unplug it. Than turn off the gas valve that supplies gas to the machine. Using an adjustable wrench, remove the flex gas line at the shut off valve. Than disconnect the exhaust vent line from the back of the machine.

Neither machine should be layed on it's side to either disconnect or re connect. Both machines must remain vertical as they are presently. Using a hand truck to move them makes the job easier. Hand truck can be rented at the location where you rent the moving truck.

Dryer re-installation is also a reversal of the removal process providing the new location already has a setup for natural gas. But not always an identical setup. May have to redo some gas connection fittings, etc.

Use the reply button to add additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically move your question to the top of the forums list of questions.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 08-31-04, 09:14 AM
optiweb
Visiting Guest
need advice on installing gas dryer

I had a gas dryer and am replacing it (in a really tight built-in spot) All the water lines and gas lines are new due to remodeling, although I kept my old stackables. The new Maytag has a small male pipe fitting that goes into the dryer. The previously used flexible gas pipe coming out of the wall has a larger female fitting. Is there a safe way to connect these two unmatched pieces? Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: