Magic Chef Gas stove leaking

Old 08-21-04, 01:24 PM
lildippy
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Magic Chef Gas stove leaking

I smelled gas and called the gas company. A serviceman came and said he detected a gas leak. He examined the stove and found a "nipple into the regulator leaking." He said that he could not repair it as it is my landlord's responsibility. He mentioned something about a t-valve, adaptor, and from what I can tell, the problem is in the connection of the metal tube into the stove. I called the landlord and he insisted there is no leak, and had no idea what I was talking about. He said that he will fix it, but I don't trust him (he held a match to the back of the stove to test for a leak). Is this a complicated problem, or something that I could fix with appropriate guidance?

Old 08-21-04, 02:52 PM
Gas-repairs4U
Visiting Guest
lildippy, 2 things... 1st, the gas company can, and will repair your leak, but will charge you for the repair. 2nd, Ihope he shut the gas supply off till the repair is made. Most leaks I find with Magic Chef are on the fitting going to the Safety Valve for the oven (due to the changing temperatures underneath the oven). I don't recommend you repair the leak, nor do I recommend the landlord either. In my opinion, only a qualified gas repair technician should repair the leak to re-assure you that it was done proffesionaly.

Sincerely,
The Gas Man

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: