clothes are getting caught and marked in dryer

Old 09-30-04, 10:39 PM
sar8
Visiting Guest
clothes are getting caught and marked in dryer

I have a Kenmore stackable washer/dryer and it appears the drum is tilted causing the clothes to get caught in the gap and marked/burned. It it easy to fix???

Old 10-02-04, 05:06 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello sar8. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

To correct this type of problem, you'll need to remove the drum and replace the glider/slider pads on which the drum rotates.

Slider or glider pads are located on the inside of the front door panel. They are located on the housing that attaches to the inside front doors panel which supports the front of the drum. The top inside part of the drum rides on two and sometimes 3 of these pads or gliders. Replacement of these parts should be easy on most models.

Regarding the belts positioning over, under and/or around the pulleys, my best suggestion is to make a hand drawing of the locations and positions prior to removing the old belt.

Use the reply button to add additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically move your question to the top of the forums list of questions.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, connection and or repairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: