Kenmore Oven - Condensation on Glass

Old 10-10-04, 09:41 AM
hbp1
Visiting Guest
Kenmore Oven - Condensation on Glass

I have a kenmore gas stove, and just started noticing condendsation on the inside of the door glass when the oven is first turned on. Once the oven starts to warm the condensation is gone. Is this normal? If not, what might it be coming from?

Old 10-10-04, 10:13 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: hbp1. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

Perfectly normal on start up. As long as the moisture clears up, nothing unusual. Has partly to do with the quick temperature change, ambient temperatures and the fact that burning any either of fuel, nat gas or propane, gives off moisture during the burning process. Nothing to be concerned over.

Unless you lined the racks with foil? That alters the burning characteristics of the flames and heat distribution inside the baking compartment. Allows reduces the intake of fresh air for combustion and the exhaustion of the heat during venting, etc.

Remove all foil, if any is used, anywhere inside the baking compartment. Using aluminum foil is not advised to be used inside any oven for the reasons stated above. Many manufacturers also advise against the usage of foil.

Use of foil discouraged for the same reasons as above. Usage can also create carbon monoxides to be produced, since the flame characteristics are altered and intake air for combustion is reduced or restricted. Same applies to the restriction caused to the discharge of the internal baking compartment heat out of the vent.

Old 10-10-04, 12:10 PM
hbp1
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the quick response. My wife was very happy to know there is no problem with the stove. She sometimes gets a little paranoid about these knids of things. Thanks again!

Old 10-10-04, 01:49 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hi; hbp1

Glad I could help. Stop in anytime with any other questions on kitchen gas appliances. Glad to help out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: