Natural gas barbeque covert to propane? Weber silver series

Old 10-17-04, 02:48 PM
kquick
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Natural gas barbeque covert to propane? Weber silver series

I have a weber silver series Natural gass Barb-q. I would like to make it propane and use a 20lb tank. Is there a kit available or how can I cahnge it to propane?

Old 10-17-04, 04:11 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello kquick and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

The OEM manufacturer may have a kit but generally speaking there isn't any. What you do is buy the parts. Which can be purchased at any local appliance parts store. Most stores that sell bbq's and gas fireplaces. Usually outdoor furnature, bbq and fireplace stores are combined into one store or dealer.

What will be needed is an orifice for each burner and a pressure regulator for the propane bottle. Note the BTU size of the existing burners. Replace orifices with equal BTU rated propane orifices.

Once reg installed, hose connected to bbq inlet pipe is done, soap test for leaks with bottle valve turned on bbq off. No leaks forun or odor smelled, fire up the burners and adjust the air shutter on each burner to obtain an all blue flame on each burner.

Conversions are usually easy for handy diy persons with small hand tools and minor mechanical skills. Kindly use the reply button to ask additional questions, if needed.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: