Propane gas stove help.

Old 11-18-04, 05:26 AM
scj6771
Visiting Guest
Propane gas stove help.

I would like to setup a thermostat to my propane gas stove, is that possible? I would be starting from scratch and could use some real good advice. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-18-04, 06:41 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: scj6771

Question to you is, in what context do you mean stove?

Cooking stove or heating stove?
Stove can mean either type. Have to know which type exactly.

Cooking stoves already have thermostats. The thermostat controls the oven and the temperature inside it, to control the baking process.

A heating stove may or may not have any thermostat to control room or space heating. Therefore, it could make sense to want to install a thermostat making it easier to regulate room or space heating temperature.

Need to know what type of "Stove" we are talking about here?

Old 11-18-04, 09:31 AM
scj6771
Visiting Guest
Yes of course, not quite sure what I was thinking, it is a heating stove that heats our family room, I have been tasked by the "boss" to be able to control the stove with a thermostat. Thanks again.

Old 11-18-04, 04:19 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hi: scj6771

If the current appliances does not have a gas control valve that accepts wires from a thermostat, it will have to be replaced with one that does.

There also has to be a D/C energy source of current provided to power a thermostat and open and close the gas valve which allows gas to flow to the burner.

Which means the pilot assembly has to be changed also. And may need a few other parts to make that conversion, if those parts are not already installed. Could or may be more costly and involved than it appears to be.

Kindly use the reply button to add any additional information or ask additional questions.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: