Caloric gas stove-oven ignitor won't go off

Old 11-25-04, 03:48 AM
KthyMomkat
Visiting Guest
Caloric gas stove-oven ignitor won't go off

Our electricity went out yesterday due to a snow storm. I was able to use my stove top and lit it with the grill lighter. When the electricity came back on finally, the oven ignitor started clicking constantly and wouldn't stop unless we turned the oven on. We ended up unplugging the stove, but beings it is Thanksgiving Day, the stove will be used today regardless of the ignitor problem, I'll just unplug it when I don't need it. Does anyone have a suggestion of what is wrong and how I can fix it? Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to all. Kathy

Old 11-25-04, 05:02 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Use Of Oven Is Okay For Now

Hello Kathy and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

Try unplugging the stove. Remove the electrical power cord from the wall outlet and leave it unpluged for about 15 minutes. Than plug it back in. May stop the constant clicking of the spark ignitor.

If not, use oven anyway. No danger in doing so. May burn out the ignitor or spark module. Clicking likely to stop after a short time period and not cause any damage to the ignitor or the module.

As long as the burner ignites, go ahead and use the oven, since it is in need and the holiday cooking needs to be done. Oven burner will not ignite manually as the top burners do without the oven spark ignition in operation.

Whatever damage the power outage has done, if any at all, cannot be corrected without repairs, most likely. Likely problem is a defective spark ignitor and or spark module. Will need to be fixed after today, the actual holiday date.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: