Anyone cook with an indoor grill?

Old 12-24-04, 09:48 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone cook with an indoor grill?

I'm considering a Thermador rangetop with a grill. Does anyone have experience with something like this? I'm concerned about the mess, ventilation requirements (and noise of the blower), etc.

thx, Don

Last edited by dmestan; 12-24-04 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-24-04, 12:10 PM
themechanix
Visiting Guest
indoor grilling

residential exhaust fans have evolved into not only mechanical masterpieces but works of art as well. Of course, anytime a motor and centrifugal force are involved there will be some noise factor, but the benefits far outweigh that. As a factory authorized repair tech for Faber hoods I can tell you that the largest amount of noise complaints stem from improper installation. #1 problem is simply not being level. 2nd most common problem is a result of abuse during shipment delivery or installation {a quick check for squareness of frame before install solves 99% of those issues} and finally since it is a mechanical device and moving parts can fail i suggest a level surface be found and put power to the unit before final installation saves a lot of cussing about having to take cabinets apart to un-install! As for the mess just smile as you enjoy your grilled supper in winter and think to yourself ok its stainless steel clean up is easy enough! p.s don't forget to clean those filters after every couple of uses.

Old 12-24-04, 12:19 PM
themechanix
Visiting Guest
p.s.s

guess i missed the color comment. still no worries though mild soap and water solution{with nothing more abrasive than a papertowel} will clean up most all messes as long as they are tended to promptly. any grease given a chance to congeal on a metal surface will start to magically spawn more grease. diligent efforts to clean grease after cooktop has cooled sufficiently will be rewarded with years of great looking indoor grilling! enjoy and happy holidays!

Old 12-29-04, 06:40 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Years ago we had a Jenn-Aire elec surface unit and it came with an element and phony brickette pad. Since it was a down vent type of unit it wasn't to bad. Still made for a lot of clean up

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: