How do I Convert LP outdoor appliance to Natural Gas

Old 12-26-04, 05:40 PM
aapresti
Visiting Guest
Question How do I Convert LP outdoor appliance to Natural Gas

I recently recieved a new Turkey Fryer for a Gift. I currently have a Natural Gas Outdoor Grill which is fed from a flexible high pressure hose approx. 2-3 ft long coming off of a cut-off valve. I would like to use the Turkey Fryer with Natural Gas and not have to be burdened with filling the old propane tank. What do I need to do to convert the turkey frier to run on the Natural Gas? I can obtain the necessary fittings to permit the Hose feeding the grill to be temporarily connected to the fryer. But, what about the fryer itself? Does'nt it need to be modified. I have heard a different size orifice may be needed???

Old 12-26-04, 08:37 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello aapresti and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Congratulations on the gift. One I too would like to have....

Rather easy to convert. Take the appliance to any local appliance retail parts store. If parts are needed, most likely only will be for the connection to the nat gas supply.

The regulator is most likely not convertable. Will have to be replaced. Burner orifice maay or may not be the adjustable type. May need to buy the replacement rated for the btu output of the burner.

Appliance part stores and dealers are listed in the phone book.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves or keeps the topic at the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: